SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2022

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2022 14:22:47 -0800
Hi Glenn,

I find it unusual that HEP will find an AlmaLinux list of much use in
many circumstances.  Internal to CERN, and perhaps Fermilab and/or the
various signatories to which HEP collaborations are getting AlmaLinux
from CERN/Fermilab (along with any experiment/data analysis specific
software that is required to be present at all collaboration sites),
will there be additional INTERNAL list/s and/or support?  I fully
understand that these sources would only be available to
CERN/Fermilab/Collaboration-signatories -- but the existence thereof is
important for those of us who do NOT have access to such resources.  I
also fully understand that this is not the sort of "cradle-to-grave"
support provided under vendor contract to many for-profit enterprises as
HEP has qualified professional computer scientists and engineers as well
as physicists who are well versed on systems internals.

Just curious.

Kind regards,

Yasha