SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2021 16:21:58 -0800
 From below:
If you like the RH user interface, just get the gnome-session-flashback
package. It's a slightly updated gnome-2 environment.
End excerpt.

Ubuntu has many window management user interfaces.  If one likes Gnome
2, also consider MATE that is available and works under LTS (the
"enterprise" version of Ubuntu).

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__linuxhint.com_install-5Fmate-5Fdesktop-5Fubuntu-5F20-2D04_&d=DwIGaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=IZZxBXLu9mVKq4_EA6OYhwd3lXk4tBxm7Gkc6ol-Gqk&s=pJLcplfMvOJrAssuOLrOXxfpkSg1a8Jg9mb76aCUsl8&e=

I use MATE rather than any of the default current Ubuntu GUI desktops.