SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:12:52 +1000
On 11/06/14 12:07, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Yes a lot of us noticed.
> Recompiling an entire distro from scratch is not an easy proposition.
> Furthermore they need to strip out all of the Red Hat branding. Expect
> it to take a while at least a month or two if not more.

I think it'll take longer than normal this time around... The build
process is changing completely from previous versions. It seems the code
is getting published on git.centos.org - but it seems nobody really
knows who is putting it there.

This leaves the moral quandary of 'do we all trust an anonymous source
with no official ties to Red Hat?'

Time will tell.

--
Steven Haigh