SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 03:32:50 +1000
On 16/05/14 07:28, Connie Sieh wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>>
>>> Any rumors as to when EL 7 will be out?
>>
>> There was an announcement today from Red Hat about a virtual event named
>> "Redefining the Enterprise OS" at June 10. The content seems to be
>> centered around RHEL7 features and functionality, so there is a big
>> chance
>> that this is around the time RHEL7 goes GA.
>>
>> I can only find this link online from a tweet:
>>
>>     http://buff.ly/1uwrDQw
>>
>> Beware that even when RHEL7 goes GA in June, I wouldn't put it into
>> production until RHEL7.1, possibly RHEL7.2 (about a year later) after
>> rigorous testing and integration. (Likely depends on your use-case
>> though)
>
> The RHEL 7 Public Release Candidate has been out since April 21.  Our
> complete guess is June or early July.  So "This redefining the OS"
> sounds probable.  Only guessing .

On this topic, has there been any further information / discussion about
if / when / how Scientific Linux will progress? I'm just about happy to
head in from day #1 of builds being available...

I have some systems on Arch Linux now due to various factors that I'd
like to migrate to EL7 when it comes along. It can't really break much
more than when an Arch update goes wrong ;)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au