SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:05:55 -0400
On 06/27/2014 03:28 PM, Mark Rousell wrote:
> 1) Can anyone confirm or deny that Red Hat places contractual
> limitations on what a subscriber (who has access to the RHEL7 SRPMs) can
> do with the source code so obtained? ...
Also, in addition to the links in the previous post,
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/03/11/linux-red-hat-gpl.html is
educational.  The core thought here is, does 'consequence' equal
'restriction?'  And before anyone says 'heh, what does this guy know
about this' read his resume at http://ebb.org/bkuhn/resume/ and note
that he held the position of Executive Director for the Free Software
Foundation; I think he's pretty qualified to make the statements that he
makes, even if I disagree with some.