SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:43:14 -0400
Looking at the license it sounds like there is not any such restrictions, but you would have to look at the individual software to verify, but exceptions should be mainly 3rd party binary only code...

One reason to remove public sources is to keep the load off of their servers.

The is from: http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/licenses/GLOBAL_EULA_RHEL_English_20101110.pdf

License Grant.
Subject to the following terms, Red Hat, Inc. (“
Red Hat
”) grants to you a perpetual, worldwide license to the Programs (most of
which include multiple software components) pursuant to the GNU
General Public License v.2. The license agreement for each soft
ware
component is located in the software component's source code and
permits you to run, copy, modify, and redistribute the softwar
e component
(subject to certain obligations in some cases), both in source
code and binary code forms, with
the exception of (a) certain bi
nary only firmware
components and (b) the images identified in Section 2 below. The
license rights for the binary only firmware components are loc
ated with the
components themselves. This EULA pertains solely to the Progr
ams and does not limit your rights under, or grant you rights that
supersede,
the license terms of any particular component.