SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Mark Rousell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rousell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:17:19 +0100
On 23/06/2014 14:54, Steven Timm wrote:
> I was at the HEPiX meeting at which those slides were presented
> and there was further discussion during the course of the week
> as to what would happen.  RedHat/CentOS was also represented at that
> meeting in the person of Karanbir Singh.  You should not presume
> that the presentations given at that meeting are the final word.
>
> You notice that nobody with a cern.ch or fnal.gov E-mail address
> has responded to this thread up until now.  When they have
> something concrete they will respond with the details.
>
> Steve Timm

(Apologies if you've seen this twice. Posting via Hotmail is less than
ideal).

So, in short, complete clarity is not yet available, if I understand
correctly?

However, based upon the balance of probabilities, it looks likely that
SL7 will not be based directly on RHEL7 but on CentOS. If so, it does
raise the question of why continued with SL at all. It would be very sad
indeed if this is the case.