SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:28:45 +0900
On Wednesday 25 June 2014 21:52:40 you wrote:
> On 2014/06/25 21:06, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> >>
> >> Have you tried?
> >
> >   No.  I asked zxq9 as he has compiled it himself before.
>
> Has it occurred to you that you'd already know the answer had you tried
> at the time you asked? Sometimes it's worth simply diving in and doing.

I haven't built it since 2.x was still under heavy restructuring. But since
I've never used rpmrebuild ever I have no basis for advice on it. From my
understanding, though, if a project doesn't spew files all over the place then
rpmrebuild shouldn't have any problem with it -- and LibreCAD was fairly tidy.

Normally I would put sources somewhere like ~/dev/librecad, ./qmake from there
and run it in place. Of course, that was during development. Packaging it was
actually easier, since I had that scripted.

I still have the spec file for the 1.x pre-release RPMs up:
http://zxq9.com/librecad/librecad.spec

Its back from the days when the community hadn't yet really hubbed around the
project site and is sure to be massively out of date, but it should give you
some idea how straightforward a process building it is (or was). (Spoiler: the
whole %build section is "qmake-qt4; make".) I imagine the main work to bring
the spec up to date would be vetting BuildRequires and %files.