SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 08:54:48 -0500
I was at the HEPiX meeting at which those slides were presented
and there was further discussion during the course of the week
as to what would happen.  RedHat/CentOS was also represented at that
meeting in the person of Karanbir Singh.  You should not presume
that the presentations given at that meeting are the final word.

You notice that nobody with a cern.ch or fnal.gov E-mail address
has responded to this thread up until now.  When they have
something concrete they will respond with the details.

Steve Timm

> It seems it is more likely that Scientific LInux 7 will become a Special
> Interest Group (SIG) of CentOS 7. See the presentations at the Hepix meeting
> in Annecy Le Vieux, last May, on SL 10 years, notably the ones from Connie
> Sieh and Jarek Polok:
> http://indico.cern.ch/event/274555/session/11/#20140519
>
> Alain
>
> --
> Administrateur Système/Réseau
> Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures (LPN/CNRS - UPR20)
> Centre de Recherche Alcatel Data IV - Marcoussis
> route de Nozay - 91460 Marcoussis
> Tel : 01-69-63-61-34

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division, Scientific Computing Services Quad.
Grid and Cloud Services Dept., Associate Dept. Head for Cloud Computing