SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:06:33 -0400
On 06/20/2014 09:45 AM, Andras Horvath wrote:

> Regarding the license: I am more than certain that if I happen to buy
> supscription to RHEL then I am allowed to do with the GPL'd sources
> whatever I want while it is between the boundaries of the GPL.

And Red Hat has reserved the right to not distribute updates to you if
you breach the terms of their subscription agreement (it's in their
agreement; if you don't like it, don't agree to it or take them to court
over it).  It's a matter of interpretation and opinion as to whether the
act of cutting off updates constitutes 'restrictions on source code
redistribution,' since that has not been tested in court as yet.