SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2014

From:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:23:00 +0200
Hi Frederic,

I'm having similar problems with the same kernel version you mentioned.

I have a physical Dell server running SL 6.5 (64 bit), and each kernel works fine except the very last one. The significant difference to my other machines is that this one's got a hardware RAID card (01:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)) and the system gives an error message of this kind on early boot (after grub and before loading kernel I believe):

"Trying to reach block outside of partition."

I couldn't track down the problem and gave up too on this kernel version. I look forward to hear if others got such issues too.

Cheers,
Andras