SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:18:38 -0700
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>
>> Someone must advise here, but if the CentOS extra repository can be
>> used without any compatibility issue, that would be the easiest
>> solution.  This extra repo has a group named "XFCE-4.4" which contains
>> all the required packages to install xfce.

>> Akemi
>
> xfce isn't in any of our normal yum repo's that I see (including epel).  I
> do want to mirror centos extras, and set it up as another yum repository,
> but that is going to have to wait until after SL 4.7 comes out.
>
> For the time being, you could make your own yum repo file in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ and have it point to a mirror like
> http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/centos/5.2/extras/i386/

Just FYI, here is the stanza for the CentOS extras repo:

[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

> Or you could always just go there and download all the xfce stuff.

In case you want to go this route, here is the list of mandatory files
in the XFCE-4.4 group:

Group: XFCE-4.4
 Mandatory Packages:
   xfce4-session