SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:56:45 -0500
Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Salvador Aguinaga
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Akemi,
>> That's right, thank you.
>>
>> xfce is not listed as only ice and kde.  Do you know what other
>> options I should look into?  I did download the source code for XFCE,
>> but untar'ng the file gave me list of man parts and wasn't sure how to
>> proceed.
>
> Someone must advise here, but if the CentOS extra repository can be
> used without any compatibility issue, that would be the easiest
> solution.  This extra repo has a group named "XFCE-4.4" which contains
> all the required packages to install xfce.
>
> So, anyone?
>
> Akemi

xfce isn't in any of our normal yum repo's that I see (including epel).  I do
want to mirror centos extras, and set it up as another yum repository, but that
is going to have to wait until after SL 4.7 comes out.

For the time being, you could make your own yum repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/
and have it point to a mirror like
http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/centos/5.2/extras/i386/

Or you could always just go there and download all the xfce stuff.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group