SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2005

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:55:13 +0200
Troy Dawson wrote:

[...]
> Hi Jarek,
> Sorry for the delay in replying to this.  Especially when we're
> releasing.  But the end result is that we're sticking with yum-2.0.7-11.SL.
>
> In your tests, you never actually said 'Y' to it.  If you had you would
> find that when Yum says "Update" it means Update in the same sense that
> rpm says Update.  That is, if there is something older, then it will
> really update it, but if that something isn't even installed, then it
> will just install it.
> So yum was working correctly, but I will admit that it is a little
> confusing saying 'Update' when it's really an 'Install'  But anyway,
> here is the test of yum-2.0.7-11.SL  (with alot of details taken out,
> which I have if you want)

I'm terribly sorry to cause the additional (and unnecessary ..)
work for you ..

Apparently what happened is that I fully tested with 2.0.9
and then assumed that yum 2.0.11 will behave the same ...

My fault ... too much autosuggestion :-(

Thanks for testing this.

Jarek

__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/ADC/LE _