SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2017

From:
Paul Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:44:49 +0000
Stack

Not sure this will help but heres my 10 pence worth

EDD being related to Disk drives this makes me wonder if the correct
firmware is being used but it did somehow eventually get around the
issue eventually - any way you can try say a different hard disk?

Can you boot a live disk on the machine with dare I say it another
distro ISO on usb or cd - I would try a full centos or redhat first then
try debian flavours and if not the ever last resort knoppix  if so maybe
there are drivers or settings you can try - this will aleviate the isue
if its the hard disk firmware causing the problem!

If the cd works try a different hard disk maybe

Paul