SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2020

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2020 19:37:45 -0800
I agree with your sentiments, based upon several informal discussions I
have had with CentOS 8 "adopters".  "Supported" RHEL 8 seems to be
better -- but are there still issues with EPEL, etc., because of
inappropriate sub-system designations (as with the python example you
provide)?  From what I can tell, Ubuntu LTS is a bit more "adaptable".
Given the tool set and source partitions you describe, fortunately, I
currently am not porting from source, and compile applications from
source only when the "source" has a specification for the actual distro
release that I use.