SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2018

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:19:15 -0500
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018, Konstantin Olchanski wrote:

> I recommend against installing ROOT from EPEL. By past experience
> the version of ROOT in EPEL is always severely out of date
> and is always built with the wrong options.

To which bug do you refer?

of course EPEL folks cannot fix what they do not get bugs
get or respond to complaints they do not know about

there is only one open and possibly relevant non-'cross
platform build' bug open as I read bugzilla

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=8294084&namedcmd=root%20m-p%20Open

and looking at the open to close history of the 51 closed
bugs, it seems it is being actively maintained -- over 12
closes in 2017, some seemingly substantial

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=8294092&namedcmd=root%20m-p%20Closed

As the OP seemed to be looking to bootstrap an install,
concerns about temporary bootstrap staleness are probably is
not relevant, as the library mentioned would get updated
anyway

-- Russ herrold