SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2015

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:16:25 -0700
On 08/11/2015 11:02 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> On 08/11/2015 01:46 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
>>
>> I have a colleague for whom I have installed IA-32 SL 6 .  She has recently
>> purchased a HP M225dw "all-in-one" laser printer. However, I cannot find a
>> driver for this printer for SL 6.  HP open systems supported this printer
>> starting with hplip-3.14.10, but I cannot find this RPM for SL 6.  The
>> current hplip distributed by HP supports the M225dw, but will not install
>> under SL 6.  At present, the printer will not print from SL6 although the
>> printer is discovered over the LAN.  Any help or suggestions greatly would
>> be appreciated.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>> hplip-3.12.4-6.el6.i686.rpm that is the most recent version I can find
>> (could not find a more recent one in EPEL, etc., that would work with IA-32
>> SL6)
>> HPLIP 3.14.10 is the lowest rev level that supports the HP M225dw
>> (http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html, search on 225dw,
>> scroll up to find the release number).
> Within that site, I see the following page:
>
> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_pro_mfp_m225dw.html
>
> Scroll down and you'll find 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 and 7.0'
> both showing "Yes". It looks as if the installer works there.
>
> Akemi
Akemi,

That is what I tried at first.  It would not install and properly
function, claims not withstanding.  I tried yum install (from a
terminal, not the GUI) but it would not work due to a python error (too
old a version, ... ) -- I did not record the error message, and thus
only am relating from memory.  When I get to the machine on which I
tried this, I will record the exact errors.

Yasha