SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Hubert Bahr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 02:54:11 -0600
Troy etal.
  I have been using rsync to maintain a local mirror of you repository.
I am now using SL6 on my cluster.  In creating a backup of my local
repository I noticed that although ls -l under ncftp of x64_86 packages
the *6.rpm and *noarch.rpm files show a hard link, they are not
preserved in rsync -H.  My impression is these must not be linked to the
equivalent named file under i386 packages.  In fact when I do a diff
between the equivalent named files in the two directories about 30 of
them return differences.  What are you reasons for not having the same
package under both directories?  And will you eventually have them hard
linked?
What is your planned structure of the 6.0 repo?  Similar to
RHEL6.beta/or source?

I do all my installs over the network from my local repo so I haven't
been experiencing the problems found when installing from iso images.

Thanks for getting the distribution to this point, already very useful.
Can you use any additional assistance?

Hubert