SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2010

From:
Alex Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:23:25 +0100
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Alex Owen wrote:
>> Please Please Please can we try and avoid this or at least document
>> simmilar issues for SL6???

> Nothing we could do to avoid it.
Fair point!
Though it still seems that there is a binary (as opposed to source) bug
in the SL autoconf package if we are trying to match The Upstream Vendor
as evidenced elsewhere in this thread.

> Hopefully we *can* avoid it for SL6, but my real question is for the
> second half of your question.
Phew!

> If you were looking, where would you expect to find this documentation?
>
> That is always the hardest part of documentation, getting the document
> to the person who needs it.
>
> I can write  up a m4 web page for SL5.  Where would people expect it
> to be?
>
> And if there was something similar for SL6, where would people expect
> it to be?
Good point....
In this context perhaps in build system documentation.... how about here:

https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/buildsystem/SL5
https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/buildsystem/SL6

Thanks
Alex Owen