SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2008

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:09:14 -0400
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Patrick Moelands wrote:

> Interesting news from Red Hat: they extend their support for RHEL
> versions with one year.
> This means 4 years support instead of 3!
> More info: http://dag.wieers.com/blog/rhel-backported-one-additional-year

well -- actually it seemed that the upstream were going to
keep it from moving into maintenance mode for a year longer,
but that a 7 year life remained.  Probably just fine tuneing
the major release overlap windows, for corporate clients (I
know of one huge RHEL customer still running the 3 series
primarily, who intends to largely ship the 4 release).

-- Russ herrold