SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2008

From:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Moelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:25:24 +0200
2008/6/9 Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>:
> Is this really a monitor issue, or a video card issue, or a combination of
> them both?
> I personally use the monitor= line in kickstart, and it works correctly for
> me.   I have a set of computers that I have to use it or else things turn
> out ugly.
> But I do not have a nvidia video card.  I also do not have that particular
> monitor.
> I do not want to put a "known issue" when I'm not sure what the boundries of
> the known issue are.
>
> If you can narrow down where the problem is, I will put it into the known
> issues.

As I mentioned before. I came across this behavious on different
systems with different monitors and different graphical cards.
Today, I managed to record the booting (after running firstboot) with
my mobile phone. Moviefile can be downloaded here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/122558637/graphical-boot-problems-pm.mp4.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick