SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:44:15 -0500
Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Connie Sieh wrote:
>
>> The x86_64 alpha is now available.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Please test.
>
> Will do. I tested i386 (update from 5.1 and fresh PXE install). No
> problems seen. Except the one with yum-updatesd I already mentioned:
> it requires the old yum. The x86_64 one seems to have a very different
> version number?
>
> - Stephan

yum-updatesd fixed.
It has a much different number because it was originally part of the yum rpm,
but it got pulled out to be it's own separate rpm.

pirut is also fixes so it isn't pulling in the rhn stuff.

Those should come out in the second alpha ... hopefully out today.

Troy
>> -Connie Sieh
>>
>> On Wed, 28 May 2008, Connie Sieh wrote:
>>
>>> Troy of course meant SL and not SLF.

>>> The i386 version is now available for testing at
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/i386/
>>>
>>> -Connie Sieh
>>>>

> --
> Stephan Wiesand
>    DESY - DV -
>    Platanenallee 6
>    15738 Zeuthen, Germany

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group