SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2008

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:53:11 -0500
It should be possible for FNAL staff to get a security certificate
from the DOEGrids certificate authority to validate the
www.scientificlinux.org site, if necessary, at no cost to FNAL.

Steve Timm

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Patrick Moelands wrote:

> 2008/6/9 Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>:
>> I think this will confuse many new uses. Are there any plans to get an
>> official security certificate for www.scientificlinux.org?
>
> Agree, a certificate would solve the problem of people get been "scarred" away?
> Is this site perhaps helpful: http://cert.startcom.org/ ??
> It's a way to get the certificate for free.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.