SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:39:03 -0500
Howdy,
As I'm going through my list of packages we've added, I'm sometimes making
decisions about what to update to the latest release, versus staying at what we
already have.
Since we are an enterprise release, I'm thinking I should tend to stick where
we are unless there are new drivers or something.  But just incase, I'm going
to send the list here, and if anyone want's something upgrade (or not upgraded)
please let me know, along with a reason why so I 'll know for next time.

915resolution - latest version - Done
alpine - updated to 1.10 - Done
cfitsio - leaving it at current version - Done
dropit - latest version - Done
fuse - ?? -
  - I'm thinking of leaving it at the current version
fuse-smb - ?? -
  - updating it to the latest version
fuse-sshfs - ?? -
  - updating it to the latest version
graphviz - ?? -
  - There is currently a bug in this, I need to update and/or fix the bug
gv - leaving it at current version - Done
icewm - ?? -
   - I tend to update icewm to the latest version
ipw2100 - ?? -
   - leave it as it is
ipw2200 - ?? -
   - leave it as it is
ipw3945 - ?? -
   - there is currrently a bug, fixing the bug but leaving it at the version
iwlwifi-4965 - ?? -
   - leave it as it is
jdk - ?? -
   - I need to update it for a security errata
madwifi - ?? -
  - leave it at the
ndiswrapper - ?? -
  - update it to the latest version
nedit - latest version - Done
numpy - ?? -
   - leave it as it is
openafs - ?? -
   - leave it as it is
pine - remove; replaced with Alpine - Done
R - updated to 2.7.0 - Done
r1000 - ?? -
   - update it is we can
tidy - leaving it at current version - Done
yumex - ?? -
   - update it if centos has updated it.

If you have any opions on any of these, please let me know.  Thursday I am
going through the list and does what I have written.
Troy
p.s. I'm pretty sure this list know's where my whiteboard web page is, but just
incase, here is the link
https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/rolling.whiteboard

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group