SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Johan Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 11:10:32 +0200
Yesterday I installed SL5 at home, was smoother install then FC6.
But I have 2 questions:
- installing madwifi was just a click, my wireless card (atheros
chipset) was found. But nowhere I can find where I can configure the
settings for wireless connection. I have done it dozens of times on
different versions and flavors of Ubuntu via user interface or file.
What is the equivalent of Ubuntu's /etc/network/interfaces file in SL ?
I can see the wireless card called wifi0 in the network config user
interface. When I google most solutions start with download madwifi,
make, make install, ...
- Xen : if I want to start experimenting with Xen, where do I start:
Xensource documentation, Red Hat documentation or is there SL
documentation ?

Thanx,

johan

--