SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2007

From:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 15:44:41 +0400
В Птн, 25/05/2007 в 11:36 +0200, Ralph Angenendt пишет:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On 5/24/07, Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > >At Sunday Time we spent a lot of time for testing of desktop environment
> > >in a fresh installation from SL50 and was slightly frustrated by
> > >crushing of Evolution during startup. In CentOS Evolution started
> > >without problems (but it has version 2.8.0-33, not 2.8.0-33.0.1).
> > >

> > Yes there were a lot of issues the CentOS team found with the default
> > Evolution. They had to back port a couple of issues to get stability
> > in place. Crap. I must have forgotten to put it in the
> > RELEASE_NOTES... if I did, sorry
>
> If we did, it's not in the changelog of the evolution rpm. And I cannot
> really find anything regarding that with a quick search. *AND*: We're
> at 2.8.0-33.0.1.el5 also (when you count in the 0day updates which
> occured *directly* after release).
>
> But yes, we found a lot of issues with Evolution: One is that it's still
> not an app one wants to use :)

Of course, Evolution is not ideal user app-n :(, but "who in this land
is fairest of all?” ;)

In any case, evolution-data-server widely used like a unified backend
for programs that work with contacts, tasks, and calendar information by
many other applications, for example: nautilus, gnome-panel applets,
gaim, planner, ekiga and some other GNOME application => we are doomed
to use this one...

> Cheers,
> Ralph

--Oleg