SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:27:01 +0100
I hope people don't mind me asking a couple of possibly (very) dumb
questions...

I was just looking on TUV's errata webpage for 5Server and 5Client
(strangely different set of packages I see), and wondered where their
update SRPMS live now.

The original (release) versions are on their ftp site as before under:

    /pub/..../linux/enterprise/

e.g. 5Server/en/os/SRPMS/ etc

but the updates directory is mising any references to version 5

    /pub/..../linux/updates/enterprise/

I ask 'cos I occasionally look through the changes for updates which arn't
security-related errata...

And another possibly even sillier question.

Is there a good (or bad) way to point yum at a repo which is available by
rsync?  ie having the baseurl of rsync://... or similar?  As far as I can
see yum only directly supports 'http', 'ftp', 'file', 'https' methods.  I
suppose that the rsync protocol is a but tedious for yum to have to
directly support and calling external code would probably be ugly and
possibly dangerous...  Is this the kind of thing which could be added to
yum with a plugin or would that not be easy?

  -- Jon