SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:42:46 -0600
Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Guys,

> Troy mentioned that there has been some communication with the CentOS
> developers on this issue, but when I asked the question a few minutes
> back its come as a surprise to most people. So i think the important
> issue here is to keep communication in the public, either the
> scilinux-devel or centos-devel lists so we all know whats going on and
> what direction this issue intends to take.

Hi Karanbir,
I guess I need to clarify.
Soon after I wrote my "Troy's Opinion" e-mail, I was contacted by
Stephen Smoogen, from CentOS.  We (Connie and I) had several e-mails
back and forth with him.  On at least one of them, he said that you
(Karanbir) were cc'ed on the e-mail.  Since I didn't see you cc'ed, I
had assumed you were bcc'ed.
Anyway, Connie was working on getting onto your IRC to talk with you.
She was already on your development list, much like you are on ours.

Also, after these interchanges, I do now see how your development cycle
works.  I was a little frustrated because I knew you all had done CentOS
5 development, I just couldn't see it.  I guess that's similar to when
we have done development, but haven't pushed everything up to our
rolling area.  Some of our users and developers get frustrated with that.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group