SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Michel Jouvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michel Jouvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:46:33 +0100
Hi,

I am following the discussion and don't have any definive opinion at this
point. I really think Jaroslaw raised a very important topic but we need a
deeper discussion before any final decision. Inside the SL community and
with CentOS developpers, as both projects are involving lot of people but
project management directions are not exactly the same.

I agree with Jaroslaw that next HEPiX, end of April at DESY, is an
opportunity to take to continue  this discussion as serveral SL developpers
and many SL "users" (site) will be there. Probably Knut is the right
contact to check how it can fit on the agenda.

Cheers,

Michel

--On lundi 5 mars 2007 09:55 +0100 Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> This doesn't mean we can't discuss ways of getting a scientific
>> repository into CentOS.  Or discuss various packages and repositories
>> that CentOS has into S.L..  Or even discuss how we could merge with
>> CentOS?  Or if we should merge?
>
> Then why don't we setup a session on next HEPiX about that ?
> (if you can come), alike: "Future directions for SL discussion"

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : [log in to unmask] *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Tel : +33 1 64468932        *
     * B.P. 34                       Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *