SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:55:02 +0100
Hi

> This doesn't mean we can't discuss ways of getting a scientific
> repository into CentOS.  Or discuss various packages and repositories
> that CentOS has into S.L..  Or even discuss how we could merge with
> CentOS?  Or if we should merge?

Then why don't we setup a session on next HEPiX about that ?
(if you can come), alike: "Future directions for SL discussion"

> I might have offended some people with my answer.  I apologize for that.

If you mean me by saying "some people" - this is certainly not the case
[ maybe I should end my last e-mail with <EOTFN> - End Of Topic For Now
.. ].

I guess thats rather me who tried to offend some people mentioning
"weak community" and such:

But I really tried to be provocative on that (maybe more than necessary).

> As a side note.  We actually have had much more contact with CentOS
> because of this discussion.

Good, let's see if that converts into some more
regular contact ..

Since it is more or less decided to not do it for SL5,
then we could start thinking for SL6 ...

(besides: I'm not convinced it is decided for example
for extending the lifetime of SL3/4 past what is
decided now .. by using CentOS updates possibly ?)

Cheers

Jarek
__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/FIO/LA _