SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:39:35 +0100
On 20/03/07 20:36, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Wouldn't this argument apply to the latest gcc updates as well?
>
> NB did the patch to remove that new warning on SL3 Jan told us about make
> it into this update as well? (looks like CERN rolled it out unmodified?)

Yes, the issue with warnings on system header files appears to be fixed
(still wondering why nobody else complained about this, our users were
not too happy :-)

* Fri Aug 11 2006 Jakub Jelinek  <[log in to unmask]> 3.2.3-57
- don't warn about unused parameters in system headers
  (Alexandre Oliva, #201342, IT#99250)

>> in the list as well too.  It looks like if I push out the jdk 1.5 along with
>> the 1.4.2 only a small percentage of people will have the dissapearing java
>> problem.
>> But, the java has to get pushed out sometime.

Hm -- for what it is worth (in case you need arguments for roll-out), in
our 1.4.2 JRE changelog, I have:

* Wed Dec 20 2006 Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]> - 1.4.2_13-1
- update to 1.4.2_13, sec fix for BID21673==FrSIRT5073, FrSIRT5074
- move away broken Kerberos binaries (and manpages)

and 1.5.0_08 fixes the same issue (
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102731-1 )
as well as
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102622-1

1.5.0_09 fixes a GIF-based exploit:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102760-1

we went directly to 1.5.0_10 since that has some TZ fixes as well.

Unfortunately the SUN release notes do not clearly highlight security
issues, so I don't know whether _11 is actually also a security update
(fixes one segv and has even more timezone stuff)..

Regards
Jan