SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:36:03 +0100
Hi Troy,

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Troy Dawson wrote:
> > Howdy,
> > I need a second opinion, and figured I'd ask the devel list.
> > We usually only push out security errata to the errata area, and not the
> > "enhancements".  But the evolution enhancement, sounds more like a bug, and
> > a bug that needs to get pushed out
> >
> > "This update added daylight savings rule enhancements for various countries.
> > "
> >
> > This is for both SL3 and SL4.
> > I was going to push it out, but I'd like a second opinion.  Does anyone know
> > if this update is going to affect anyone adversely?
> >
> > Troy
>
> I guess if I'm going to push out timezone changes, I should put the new java

Wouldn't this argument apply to the latest gcc updates as well?

NB did the patch to remove that new warning on SL3 Jan told us about make
it into this update as well? (looks like CERN rolled it out unmodified?)

> in the list as well too.  It looks like if I push out the jdk 1.5 along with
> the 1.4.2 only a small percentage of people will have the dissapearing java
> problem.
> But, the java has to get pushed out sometime.

I think it has caused problems on LCG nodes last time. It may be a good
idea to allow sites to test this update for a while.

--
Stephan Wiesand
  DESY - DV -