SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:51:37 -0600
Hi Jarek and All,
My silence since my e-mail wasn't because I don't care about this
subject, it was because I needed to get work done.

As was pointed out several times, I've thought about a merger or
utilizing CentOS, several times, some more seriously than other.
Connie is on their development list and helps them whenever she can.
Several CentOS developers are on this list, and they've helped up
several times.
During this week, since Jarek sent the initial e-mail till I sent my
"Troy's Opinion" e-mail, I had spent most of my time researching ways of
merging.
But I found that this was getting in the say of doing anything.  So
after a good nights sleep, after weighing everything everything, I made
my decision.

This doesn't mean we can't discuss ways of getting a scientific
repository into CentOS.  Or discuss various packages and repositories
that CentOS has into S.L..  Or even discuss how we could merge with
CentOS?  Or if we should merge?

It meant exactly what I said.  I want to do SL5 just like we had
planned.  I've still got alot of work to do.  Connie and others have
alot of work to do.

I might have offended some people with my answer.  I apologize for that.
  But I just had to get it written and back to work.  I do not feel that
anyone offended me, I really don't.  I think we have a wonderful
collection of developers, and users.

As a side note.  We actually have had much more contact with CentOS
because of this discussion.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group