SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:41:57 -0500
Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> >
>> > Considering everyone has moved to including the yumconfigs in the
>> > -release package, I wonder why you are still shipping alternate yumconf
>> > packages?
>> >
>> > - KB
>>
>> Everyone hasn't *moved* to including the yum configuration in the main
>> release package, it's always been that way.  And we've always pulled it
>> out.  It's been that way since yum 1.0.
>
> Sorry people talking past each other alert :)
>
> What Karanbir is talking about is in the redhat-release, or
> centos-release package. When you go to the dell, dag, etc
> repositories, you get a dell-release, dag-release, livna-release etc
> that contains the /etc/livna-release file and the stuff to stick in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory.
>
> I hope that is a bit clearer.

I guess you learn something new all the time.  I'll look into that.
Seems an odd place to put it.  Does it also have apt settings too?  And
does it change your /etc/redhat-release?

You don't have to answer that, I'll look.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group