SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Alex Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:59:25 +0000
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Bly, MJ (Martin) wrote:

> I'm with you Troy.  Keep the conf files separate.  In fact, I'd rather
> there was an RPM for each 'repository', so I can leave them all out and
> create my own for our local mirrors.  But maybe that's a tad extreme.
>
> Martin.

For what it is worth I'm with you Martin!
I'm not a fan of deploying configs via RPM. That is what
cfengine/puppet/lcfg/name-your-favorite-config-framework is for.

The problem with SL4 was that the auto yum cron jobs were in same package
as configs. As long as SL5 splits the auto yum cron jobs from configs
I'll be a happy man.

Alex Owen