SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:41:19 -0500
Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Considering everyone has moved to including the yumconfigs in the
> -release package, I wonder why you are still shipping alternate yumconf
> packages?
>
> - KB

Everyone hasn't *moved* to including the yum configuration in the main
release package, it's always been that way.  And we've always pulled it
out.  It's been that way since yum 1.0.
And I've always wondered why people put it in the main package of yum.
Yes, yum has to have a yum-conf in order for it to do anything, but why
replace an entire program, just to change it's configuration file.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group