SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2007

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:41:25 +0100
> I see very little benifit in having a seperate "branded" distro for
> > that. seems like a lot of effort. A "branded" installer which installs
> > baseOS + addon repo... now that make sense.

Good point ..

> > LSB is what we should be asking vendors to certify against and ask Linux
> > distros to certify against. Then we have choice.

Again: very good point ! (and then if they certify for RHEL as right
now: it is still not that bad giving that SL/CentOS aims at 100%
compatibility)

> > Oh yes... of course pine was "ditched" because it was illeagal to
> > distrubute as I recall (which seems like a good reason to me)... so even
> > a seperate repository is no good there.

hmm. I seems that most people have it in their SL(X)
repos ...

Jarek__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/FIO/LA _
_ http://home.cern.ch/~jpolok ___ tel_+41_22_767_1834 _