SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2005

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:35:28 -0400
If they're ssh'ing in, why are they running gnome jobs, unless their .bashrc
or .login explicitly includes those commands?

Some easy options (but may be ugly on the user end): in sshd_config, turn off
agent forwarding and X11 forwarding.  That will prevent agent from working
and X11 from getting a display via ssh proxy.

Otherwise, I'd fix their login scripts so the X and agent stuff isn't run if
logging in via ssh (check for ssh environment variable, see sshd manpage for
details).

Finally, you can touch /etc/nologin or remove those visitors from
/etc/passwd.

Sorry, that last paragraph was a joke.

Regards,
Dan W.