SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:32:27 -0600
Howdy,
OK, it looks like I left another thing off the list of things to do.

The SL_desktop_tweeks package.

The tweeks I want to put in are

1- GnomeTerminal button on the gnome panel
2- Konsole button on the kde panel
3- Turn "Last Login" back on in gdm

I already know how to do 2 and 3.  But I currently don't know how to put
button's onto the new gnome panel.  I'm not saying I won't find out.
But if someone already has this done, and can let me know, that would
save some time.
(I'm talking about universally, so that when a new user get's an account
they have the terminal button on their panel next to their web browser
button.)

Also, if there are any other desktop tweeks that 90 percent of your
users just have to have changed, let me know.  We'll see about putting
them into either the main SL_desktop_tweeks, or make a new SL_whatever rpm.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468