SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2004

From:
Laurent Aphecetche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurent Aphecetche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:07:15 -0500
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:41:59 -0500, Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,

Though I'm fresh new to SL (I've not even installed it on my laptop, yet ;-)
  I'm currently running an FC1), here are some comments to the SL web site,
probably falling under the category "documentation".

Would be nice to have a list of RPM availables for the releases, together
with their text header you get by rpm -qi, and possibly also whether they
are installed by default or not, depending on the chosen installation
method. Having a rough idea on the disc space needed for installation would
also help. With the plone power, that would probably be a matter of little
python script(s).

Concerning plone products, maybe a board would be helpfull (cmfboard?)

As far as I can help, what I can provide (once I've done it, of course ;-) )
is a report on how the installation went on my specific laptop (the kind of
things you can find on http://linux-laptop.net/ and that I found very
usefull both when choosing the laptop to buy and then to actually install
linux on it).

Regards,