SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2018

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2018 11:22:35 -0400
On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 9:16 AM Steven C Timm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Two things could be happening--

> (1) yum typically has a delay built into it of a couple days before it
refreshes the repo cache when the repo has been changed, and thus may not
have detected the new repo is there.
> (2) yum update could be failing for some reason--if you have a stock
system there will be e-mail in your root account saying why.

> My systems got the 7.5 updates yesterday May 11.

> Steve Timm

One delay is the time for the mirrors to get the updates. Depending on how
cleverly they're set up, and how much material they need to pull from the
reference repository, this can take significant time after the release time
at the primary distribution sites. This problem occurs for almost all
mirrored software distributions of any size. And whatever the local mirror
for you is, it may have fallen behind.