SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2013

From:
"Ben Seyin." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 19:27:44 +0100
Latest Update (Please see original problem description below "Dear All")

Our tests confirms that on a 32-bit machine, if Xmx for the Application
server (Jboss-eap-6, Apache Geronimo-3 and IBM Webspher-CE-3)  is set to
512M or less, the application server (AS)  would start but as this is
too low, the AS soon run out of memory. None of the three ASes would
start if the Xmx exceeds 512M.

Example:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx1136m [FAIL]
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m [SUCCESS]

Finally our solution is to downgrade everything we upgraded yesterday:
selinux-policy.3.7.19-195.el6_4.6
selinux-policy-targeted.3.7.19-195.el6_4.6

Removed:
krb5-libs.i686 0:1.10.3-10.el6_4.3
krb5-workstation.i686 0:1.10.3-10.el6_4.3

Installed:
krb5-libs.i686 0:1.10.3-10.el6_4.2
krb5-workstation.i686 0:1.10.3-10.el6_4.2

And we are now able to run all our ASes successfully, but not before
wasting one and half days work.

Dear All,

We upgraded our kernel with a new one (2.6.32-358.11.1.el6) today and
since then we have not been able to run any of our Application Server
(Jboss-eap-6, Apache Geronimo-3 and IBM Webspher-CE-3).

All of these application servers were working and used in development
until this morning after upgrading Scientific Linux. Every time we try
to start Apache Geronimo-3 or  IBM Webspher-CE-3, we get the following
error:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

And none of the three servers would start. We have spent a whole day,
googling for solutions but to no avail. We suspect that the problem is
caused by the kernel upgrade as it was the only software we added to our
systems first thing this morning before all servers refused to start. We
all really pissed off for spending a whole day on this problem and still
can't find the problem even after reinstalling all of the application
servers.

Any help or hint or both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.