SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2009

From:
Suneel Dutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:57:57 +0530
Hi All,

     I know this is not the right forum to ask my question as I am not a
scientific-linux user. I have fedora 10 installed on my laptop.

But since my problem appears to be a general problem independent of the
platform so I am daring to ask that problem. (I may be wrong, sorry in
advance if it so)

when I am trying to run yum update I am getting the following error:

Loaded plugins: aliases, allowdowngrade, changelog, downloadonly,
fastestmirror, fedorakmod, kernel-module, list-data, merge-conf, presto,
priorities,
              : protect-packages, protectbase, refresh-packagekit,
refresh-updatesd, security, tmprepo, tsflags, upgrade-helper
Determining fastest mirrors
 * updates: download.fedoraproject.org
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-10&arch=i386 error
was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error nonnumeric port: 'port'>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: fedora

I tried to for the solution in the internet but could find the solution.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

With Regards
Suneel