SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2009

From:
scot Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
scot Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:27:18 +0300
As suggested by

Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>

>..but are they available someplace(in the labs perhaps), as rpms
> or something? As far as I understand from your reply the answer is no, you
> must find them and build them  yourself.

I would suggest to reply to my mail on the mailing list and ask the SL users
where they find the scientific applications
for SL. There a plenty of repositories out there that are compatible with SL
and include "scientific" rpms.

Urs

Could we have an idea of where SL users get their scientific packages from?
Thus far we have one answer,
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)
Any others?