SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2018

From:
Gilles Detillieux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gilles Detillieux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2018 13:50:02 -0500
On 2018-05-12 04:29, jdow wrote:
> On 20180511 21:26, jdow wrote:
>> I have yum-conf-sl7x.noarch installed. 7.5 seems to be out. But yum
>> update still leaves the system declaring it is 7.4.
>>
>> {o.o}   Joanne
>>
> At least that's what I get on one system. The other is still declaring
> 7.3:
>
> [... /etc]$ cat /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever
> 7.3
>
> Shouldn't that read 7.x or something else if it's really following 7x?

I've found that sometimes yum-conf-sl7x doesn't properly update
/etc/yum/vars/slreleasever. I suspect it might be because that file is
shared/co-owned by yum-conf-sl7x and sl-release packages, and yum seems
sometimes to get confused as to whether the config file should be
updated or not. That happened on a few of my systems going from 7.3 to
7.4, but not with the recent 7.4 to 7.5 update. My fix was to copy the
updated slreleasever file from an updated system to one that wasn't
updating. Someone else has suggested removing and reinstalling the
yum-conf-sl7x package:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask]

If all else fails, you could try manually updating the slreleasever
file:  echo 7.5 > /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/