SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
James Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 06:11:13 -0500
Just one more thing: you must run your datastore of card holder information
on server separate from your external interface. The cardholder datastore
should be accessible only via a local (non-routable) network. Ideally, you
should mac address restrict this using IPTables on the machine that holds
'things'. Never store CVV codes, although you might want to discuss with
your client the relative benefits of CVV codes vs address verification.
Gateways charge more for CVV/CVF. You might want to request the code, never
store it, and check it only according to internal constraints, but always
perform address verification.