SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2017

From:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:21:08 +0300
Actually, the main difference between RHEL and SL distributions is the
ability to create a custom "site" or "spin" of SL for your own
environments. It seems reasonable not to use the hardcoded name of the
distribution, but set distro-related settings dynamically by using data
from for ex. lsb_release utility. A more flexible solution -- possibility
of creating specialized sos policies for respins (unfortunately in LSB info
we don't have data about vendor_url).