SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

From:
patrickm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:38:51 +0100

Installing with the help of a kickstart file through NFS seems not to
work.

When I boot using a boot.iso CD and enter
"ks=http://ip-local-server/sl6alpha.cfg", the installer starts, but
stops and waits a long time before giving me an error that it can not
mount the installation directory on the server. I am presented with the
screen where I can enter all NFS specifications (IP of the server,
directory and parameters). But it doesn't work and I end up with the
same error.

If I reboot the same boot.iso CD and skip the kickstart
file, the NFS installation goes without a problem (I enter the same NFS
information as before)...

Regards,

Patrick