...more than 10 years ago...

I just had a momentary heart attack...

no way !it was not 10 years ago! It was.. yesterday... fine.. maybe a few months ago... cant be 10 years ago!!

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021, 22:02 Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:54 PM Montague Bestes
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have Scientific Linux release 4 Beryllium, on Dell studio slim desktop. I use a android phone with USB tethering and a hard cable. The phone seems to recognize the command and responds, indicating a successful connection, but unable to browse. Multiple dhcp requests are sent out but none returned.

Backup and upgrade the Scientific Linux, immediately, or replace the
hardware with a new system. Support for that operating system ended
more than 10 years ago. Do *not* expect it to work reliably with
modern peripherals. Replacing that system will be much faster, and
cheaper in your time spent, than trying to keep it alive.